Friday, February 17, 2012

Classical music

I loved to listen to classical music since i was very young. That's a reason i really love to watch disney cartoons (mickey mouse, disney princesses and so on) and Tom & Jerry when i was a kid. Those music really brings out life for the stories. I shall let my children watch them next time, because classical music isn't just music for you to listen and enjoy. You can study them too by feeling and also have "Verstehen" on a particular situation. The different pitch, harmony, tonal and rhythm combination of music will brings out different result of perception.

I love classical music more when i started to learn piano when i was form 1. I was really interested to play all the famous classical music like the minuets, fur elise, moonlight sonata, rondo alla turca and so on when i was just Grade 3. I dont know why i dont seems to be really interested in pop music. I got my Grade 3 after a month of learning. The second year i had already reach Grade 5. By form 3 i was already in my Grade 6 and Form 4 grade 8. It's really fast. And frankly speaking, my theory isn't as good as my practical. Anyway, my fingers seems to be moving quite "abnormal" when i play. I was a late learner, that's why. I hope that this will not be my problem in the future. Better practice fingering more!

I wanted to get my diploma for my piano and start violin classes so much now! I will never stop learning musical instruments in my life. I wish to play viola, harp and flute too. Ah, i should write this in my university life's graduate attributes for life long learning. Wasted. As my piano teacher always say, one can never finish the whole studies of music. So i am going to be very into it after i graduate. And i also wish to go to the orchestra! what i mean here is the orchestra over Vienna. That will be many years later i guess.

There are some really famous classical music that i am listening right now. It's amazing.

Johann Strauss II - The Blue Danube Waltz
it is one of the most popular pieces of music in the classical repertoire and guess what, it is also the traditional encore piece at the annual Vienna New Year's Concert!

Luigi Boccherini - Minuet, from String Quintet No. 5 in E
Basically it is the song with violins, viola and first cello, moving in parallel thirds over a gently pulsing bass. am sure you hear it somewhere on Tom and Jerry shows.

Barber Of Seville Overture - Rossini
Okay. this is real famous! I am sure you hear it somewhere else too. It's a song that is always used by a show called "Just for laughs gags"

AND

William Tell Overature-Rossini
Hearing this song bringing up a lots of my childhood memories. You know when there's a competition especially running they will normally play this song.

"A movie without music is dead"

2 comments: